There are many features that Minecraft used to include that have disappeared over time. For example, some combat mechanics have evolved over time, and some of the actives that selected players found attractive got lost in the process. However, you don’t have to miss them as you can get them back on your server with the “OldCombatMechanics.”
“OldCombatMechanics” allows you to revive many of the good things that Minecraft had in the past, such as:
- Tool damage will be as it did in all versions below 1.9.
- The armor will be as strong as it was in all versions below 1.0.
- Shield crafting can be enabled or disabled based on your preferences.
Requirements and Compatibility
This plugin has been kept up to date since its creation. Thus, you can trust it will be 100% compatible with most Minecraft versions, starting from 1.9 and up to 1.17. Furthermore, this plugin is still receiving regular updates, so you can be sure that it will also work in future Bukkit builds.
How to Install
If you believe this plugin would be a great addition to your server, you can try installing it at any time. Here are the steps you need to follow to complete the process:
- Download the OldCombatMechanics.jar file.
- Drop it in your server’s plugins folder.
- Once done, please proceed to restart the server.
- That’s it! You should now be able to start using all the superb features that this plugin has to offer.
As mentioned, this plugin brings back and “enhances” certain features that got lost as Minecraft evolved in version 1.9. In addition, some of these aspects are configurable, giving you total freedom to choose how you want them to act.
We can mention these features among the most remarkable ones within “OldCombatMechanics”:
- You can control each module by the world. Hence, you can make the plugin act differently based on where the player is.
- Most aspects inside this plugin are customizable.
- You can choose to disable or enable the weapon cooldown.
- Players will get a shield whenever they right-click while handling a sword.
- Old potions effects and durations will be 100% configurable.
- You can choose to hinder the sword sweep.
- If you don’t like the “off-hand” option, you can disable it. There are white and blacklists available for this feature.
- Shields will now block half a heart instead of block about 33% of the damage received.
- However, you can also modify the damage reduction for shields. This feature includes shields as well.
- You can choose to enable arrows and make them bypass shields.
- Player collisions can now be disabled.
- You can choose to enable the knockback that eggs, snowballs, and enderpearls did in the past.
- You can craft the enchanted golden apple and customize its effect. This also includes its potion!
- Critical hits will act exactly as they did in 1.8.
There are more features included in this plugin, but the list is too extended to put it here. However, you can visit the GitHub page to get all the documentation you need regarding this module.
Keep in mind that each version adds new features!Download OldCombatMechanics Now