It can be disappointing and frustrating when someone messes with your loot while you’re offline. However, you and the users present in your server don’t have to deal with that anymore as long as a protection plugin is installed. If you don’t know which one to use and your server is running on a legacy Bukkit version, LWC is a good option.
This plugin allows you to protect a single plugin. Not only does it protect the block, but it also keeps safe the content of chests and other storage-like items you can possess in Minecraft. It has a few protection options available, so you can be sure that everything will be in the same place next time you log in.
Requirements and Compatibility
Although the project hasn’t been marked as abandoned, it hasn’t been released in quite a while. Thus, you may not be able to use it in recent Bukkit builds.
You may be able to use it without problems in the following versions: 1.7.4, .1.6.2, 1.5, 1.4.6, and below. Other than this, this plugin may cause problems or won’t at all. Many plugins offer the same thing out there for newer builds, which has been kept up to date until now.
How to Install
You will be able to start configuring the plugin as soon as you finish the installation process. Here we list all the steps you need to complete to install it:
- Download the plugin (.jar file).
- Next, drop the newly-downloaded file in your plugins folder.
- Once done, please restart your server.
- You should now be able to use the new features that this plugin has for you. You can also start modifying the configuration files if necessary.
As mentioned above, this plugin is meant to serve as a protection plugin for a single block, specifically those that comply with the storage function. Therefore, it includes three protection types:
- Private – This option allows you to be the only one that has access to the protected block. Furthermore, you can also choose to allow players or groups to the list if you want to allow them to use it.
- Password – A password will protect the block. Thus, only those who know it will be able to see its content. Every time you log in, you’ll need to type the password to access the block’s contents.
- Public – Anyone can access the chest under this protection type. However, no one can apply the other two protection types as they’re meant to be community chests, for instance.
This plugin includes many commands that are easy to use. As the list is too extended to type here, you can access it once you’ve installed the plugin by typing “/lwc.” This command will show all the necessary information you need to understand the plugin’s functioning.
There are also four permissions available:
- “lwc.protect” – The user can create and control their protections.
- “lwc.mod” – The user will be able to open chests, but removing them won’t be possible.
- “lwc.admin” – This permission gives the user total control over the plugin.
- “lwc.deny” – The player will not be able to do anything to a block under this plugin’s protection.