Minecraft is still very popular despite, or perhaps thanks to, its simple graphics and gameplay. By installing mods for Minecraft, you change the world of blocks into a completely new game.
If you want to install a mod for Minecraft, you usually only have to move one file to the correct folder, similar to a resource pack. You can reach them as follows:
- Press Windos key + R and enter “% appdata%” without quotation marks in the field.
- Then open the “.minecraft” folder.
- There you will find the Mods folder.
While some mods just have to be copied into this folder, others come with their own installer for the installation. Mod collections such as “FeedTheBeast” or “Life in the Woods” offer you the option of installing and playing the collections directly in a launcher. It is therefore advisable to always read the description of the modification carefully.
Please note that mods are different from Bukkit plugins.
Many mods for Minecraft will only work if you have Forge installed:
- Visit the website “files.minecraftforge.net” and select your Minecraft version and the suggested Forge version. Click on “Installer”.
- After clicking the link, a page opens where the file can be downloaded. Do not click any of the advertisements before you are redirected to the correct download page.
- Once the installer is downloaded, open it. If the launcher doesn’t automatically detect the directory, select Minecraft and install Forge.
- Your Minecraft without Forge is still there. Open the launcher and click the arrow next to “Play” to the right to select the profile with Forge.