In Minecraft you have the option of creating a Bukkit server instead of the vanilla server used by default. To rebuild the server, however, you will need a few files beforehand. We will show you step by step which of these are and how to proceed correctly to create them.
This is what you need to create the Bukkit server
Instead of the vanilla server, you can also create a bukkit server in Minecraft. One of the advantages of this type of server is that you can install more plugins.
Just like creating a vanilla server, however, you need some additional files for the Bukkit server. This includes the file “Craftbukkit.jar”, which you can find here. You also need the “Java Development Kit” development environment to edit files relevant to the server.
Use this procedure to create the Bukkit server in Minecraft
Once you have downloaded the required files to your computer, please follow the steps below to set up the Bukkit server.
- First, create a folder for your Bukkit server on your hard drive and give it a name.
- Then add the file “Craftbukkit.jar” to the folder you created earlier.
- Then create a text file with the name “start.bat” and save it in the same folder as the Craftbukkit file.
- After creating it, right click on the text file, select “Edit” and add the text “java -Xms1024 -Xmx1024 -jar craftbukkit.jar -o true” to the first line.
- As soon as you double-click on the start.bat file, you will automatically be taken to your new Bukkit server.