Mining is one of Minecraft’s basic skills. You’ll need to do it multiple times to acquire valuable items, including ores like gold and even diamonds. However, farming this stuff in vanilla Minecraft can turn tedious quickly. Wouldn’t it be great if a solution to this problem existed? Well, it does. You can install AutoMiner in your server to provide your players with a more straightforward way of mining.
With AutoMiner, people will generate a dispenser (or “Miner,” as its name appears in-game) that will use redstone as the power to mine the block in front of it. This is a great way of mining if you’re too lazy to do it by yourself. Keep reading to find out how you can start taking advantage of this plugin as much as possible.
Requirements and Compatibility
There aren’t specific requirements to get started with the AutoMiner plugin. However, please note that the project has been abandoned. Thus, we cannot assure that it will be compatible with recent Minecraft versions.
Officially, it is known to work in Minecraft versions 1.12 and below (version 1.1) and in Minecraft versions 1.13 and beyond (version 2.0). However, other players have tested it in 1.16.1 and 1.16.3, which hasn’t shown any problem.
How to Install
You can install AutoMiner by following the standard installation process. Here you have all the steps necessary to get this plugin working in your server ASAP:
- Download the plugin.
- Proceed to move it to your server’s plugins directory.
- Once done, please reload your server.
- That’s it! You should now be able to start using all the new features that this plugin has in store for you. Please read below for more information about it.
- The plugin will add a new item, a dispenser, which you can power up with redstone to mine the block in front of it. Thus, farming ores can become an automatic process.
- You can place a chest behind a miner, and it will place every item it finds there until it runs out of storage. Once the chest cannot receive items anymore, the miner will start dropping them on the ground.
- There are certain aspects you can configure in the config.yml file to personalize the miners even further:
- You can choose what blocks not to mine with the miner. Then, all you need to do is add the block IDS on the value nomineable_blocks.
- If you would like to choose whether miners will block using redstone signals or if they should mine continuously within a specified time interval, modify the value auto_mining_enabled.
- You can define the time interval the miners will mine automatically by setting the time on the value auto_mining_reload_ticks.
- It’s also possible to choose to make the crafting recipe available for people or not by modifying the crafting_recipe_enabled.
- Last but not least, it’s possible to add your language to the lang.yml file if you want to translate it.
- You can use the command /minergiver <player> <amount> to grant a miner to the player. It has a limit of one stack. Use the permission miner.give to allow a player to use this command.